An award-winning editor and writer with over 15 years’ experience creating engaging magazines and promotional materials for membership organisations. I offer: • clear, concise and engaging writing • meticulous and speedy sub-editing and proofing • attractive, accessible and affordable publications and e-communications • workplace training in effective writing, house style and grammar.
|Click here to see sample photos|
|Also find me on:||LinkedInTwitter|
See suggested rates:
|Feature writer||Rates: Print media|
|Subeditor or editor||Rates: Sub-editing|
|Book writer||Rates: Print media - writing books|
|Commissioning editor||Rates: Print media|
|Online journalism||Rates: Online/writing|
|from the Freelance Fees Guide.|
Profile last updated: 2017-01-10 12:04:05
After 18 years editing magazines and producing communication materials for major membership organisations, I turned freelance in 2014. I’ve since worked for clients across the education, charity and corporate sectors, as well as writing my first book. Highlights include:
- Researching and writing Choosing Childcare, a 200-page handbook for parents, published by Cross Publishing.
- Editing, updating and doing SEO for the Dove Self-Esteem Project, a huge suite of educational resources for a major global brand.
- Writing, subbing and picture editing prospectuses and web content for Regent’s University London.
- Reporting on shared parental leave for The Guardian.
- Writing rhyming children’s stories for Christmas promotional campaigns by outdoor ad giant JC Decaux.
- Working with design agency pslondon on a high-end impact report for a £600m fundraising campaign by King's College London.
- Devising a series of features on children’s development, play and learning for the Pre-school Learning Alliance.
- Producing factsheets and web content on childcare and school-readiness for the Professional Association for Childcare & Early Years and NetMums.
- Project-managing The Regent's Report 2015: Europe’s Neighbours, a showcase annual report of 80,000 words by 35 international contributors.
Please click on a thumbnail to see a larger version.
|My first non-fiction book, Choosing Childcare: Nurseries, Childminders, Nannies, Au Pairs, Family, was published by Cross Publishing in 2016.|